Personal Care Homemaker
A Personal Care Homemaker (PCHM) is recognized as a responsible individual who has been certified (certified nurse aide acceptable) and trained to provide personal care and those supportive services which are necessary to maintain a disabled or dependent person safely and comfortably within the home setting.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with bathing, skin care, foot care and dressing with grooming.
- A supportive service to assist with activities of daily living.
- Continence management may be provided including assistance with the use of the toilet and/or commode.
- Assistance with transfers as required by care plan.
- Assistance with an ambulation program as specified by care plan.
- Assistance with nutrition and medication reminders.