Home Health Aide
A Home Health Aide is a trained paraprofessional prepared to assist professional personnel care and home management as related to comfort, care and safety of a client in a home. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises ADL’s (Activites of Daily Living).
- Assists and encourages client to follow prescribed exercise program which may include range of motion (ROM) exercise and ambulation.
- Provides and assists with skin care by turning and positioning client as prescribed, and providing care to pressure point areas.
- Assists and guides client in transfer process from bed to chair, to commode or other devices.
- Assists in giving client bath, whether complete, partial, tub or shower.
- Observes and reports changes in skin condition.
- Provides or assists in oral hygiene and hair care.
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, and respirations.
- Changes simple dressing (non-sterile) dressings only) and reports changes in wound status.
- Shops for food and household supplies.
- Plans, prepares, and serves meals according to dietary instructions.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment for client by performing household services.
- Uses and maintains special equipment and supplies appropriately.
- Performs only those duties on care plan except when instructed otherwise by clinical supervisor.
CORI and References Required.
Call us at 617-426-1628 for an interview now!